Archive - Aug 23, 2011 - Story
Paulus “The Hitman” Moses will have to wait until next year for a shot at the world title but will step into the ring against Chilean Oscar Bravo on September 24 in Windhoek.
Bravo has a record of 19 wins from 22 fights while, Moses has lost only once after 28 fights.
Nestor Tobias, Moses’ trainer and promoter said that they had been working towards an eliminator title fight but that was cancelled after his opponent pulled out.
“He was supposed to fight Miguel Acosta for the eliminator, but Acosta withdrew for another fight,” Tobias said.
Brave Warriors coach Brian Isaacs has named a squad of 25 players for a training camp in preparation for their final AFCON 2012 qualifier match against Gambia on September 3.
13 of the players called up were in the team that went to Ghana for a three-week camp and returned home to beat the South African U23 side 1-0 on August 10.
Notable absentees from the squad that is expected to report to the Soccer House on August 28 are the Risser brothers, Oliver and Wilko, Hartman Toromba, Richard Gariseb, Sydney Plaatjies and Jamu Ngatjizeko.