Archive - Feb 16, 2010
Paulus “The Hitman” Moses will finally defend his World Boxing Association lightweight title against former champion Jose Alfaro of Nicaragua on March 19. Moses’ title defence has twice been postponed after negotiations with other opponents broke down, but this time the fight has been sealed, according to Moses.
“My trainer Nestor Tobias told me that Don King had approved Jose Alfaro as my next opponent and we were just waiting for an answer. Last week Nestor told me that Alfaro had accepted the offer so now the fight will go ahead on 19 March,” he said.
Namibia’s former world champion Harry Simon will start his comeback trail when he takes on Jevgenijs Kiselevs of Latvia in a Super Middleweight fight in London on Friday, February 19.
Announcing the news at a press conference in Windhoek on Tuesday, Ellison Hijarunguru of the Namibian Professional Boxing Board said that Simon would take on Kiselevs in a warm up bout before he challenges Charles Adams of Ghana for the Commonwealth Super Middleweight title.